Sun Valley Farms is an organic farm located in California that grows a plethora of organic vegetables and fruits as well as conventional crops. In our interview today, Rogelio Ponce Jr joins us and explains the history of Sun Valley Farms, how his dad started and helped grow the business, their production methods, and much more!
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
Don’t forget to check out Sun Valley Farms at the links below:
- Start of Sun Valley Farms
- Rogelio’s background
- Production methods at Sun Valley.
- Switching from conventional to organic.
- Why they chose to grow organic.
- What consumers understand about food production.
- How COVID-19 has impacted your farm and distribution.
- Hoe Sun Valley Farm’s workers are more like family
- Produce boxes
- Labor issues
- Thoughts on the farmer/consumer relationship.
Call to Action:
Want to stay up to date on the show, consider following our newsletter. As a thank you for signing up, you’ll receive a FREE guide on 5 simple steps you can do to support farmers. Sign Up HERE!