Shay Myers, a 3rd generation farmer, is our guest today on Farm Traveler. Maybe you’ve seen Shay on Instagram or even on TikTok as her creates quick but super educational videos on farming, specifically on onion production. Today on the show, Shay will talk more about why he started his videos, why it’s important to get the message out there, and how the industry is battling COVID-19. Be sure to follow Shay at the link below to see his awesome videos!
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
Don’t forget to check out Shay at the links below:
- Shay’s background
- 3rd generation farmer
- Growing onions and potatoes
- Working with buyers and distributors
- Onions DO NOT grow on trees
- COVID-19’s impact on onion production
- Farmers adapting to COVID
- Importance of farmers sharing their stories
- The power of social media
- Instagram and TikTok
- Crop worth
- Mexico cartels affecting US agriculture?
- The importance of the American dollar
- Thoughts on farmer consumer relationship
Call to Action:
Want to stay up to date on the show, consider following our newsletter. As a thank you for signing up, you’ll receive a FREE guide on 5 simple steps you can do to support farmers. Sign Up HERE!