Tessa Pacion works at Ludwig Farmstead Creamery that produces great milk and even some cheeses. In our interview today, Tessa will talk about how her animal science degree and working with dairy cattle in college. Tessa will also address many misconceptions consumers have about milk production like the frequency milk is tested before consumption and why dairy calves are separated from their mothers. This is a full episode of great information on all things dairy, as well as what showing dairy cattle is all about.
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
Don’t forget to check out Tessa at the links below:
- Tessa’s background.
- Animal Science degree and working with dairy cows in college
- What is homogenization and pasteurization
- How many times milk is tested before it gets to the consumer
- Cheese production
- Misconceptions with dairy cattle
- Why dairy calves are separated from their moms
- Cow comfort
- Showing dairy cattle
- COVID-19’s impact
- Switching production from restaurant to grocery stores
- Experience with farm tours and showing consumers how milk is produced
Call to Action: