This episode is brought to you by CashRent. Checkout CashRent.com for more information on how you can expand your operation or rent your land to farmers.
Available farmland in the United States is dwindling. Now more than ever, farmers are looking at simply renting land to either start their businesses or to expand their operation. In the past, most farmland renting has been handshake agreements, but one company is aiming to fix that and ease the whole process. CashRent was created to better manage the renting process for farmers and landowners. Today on the show, we are joined by CashRent co-founder, Noah Berkson. Noah will explain how CashRent has dramatically improved renting agreements in farming, the importance of getting fair land value, and how they are expanding their business across the Untied States.
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
- Noah Berkson’s Background
- Start of CashRent
- How CashRent’s online auctions work
- The process of renting farmland
- Why farmers want to rent land instead of owning land
- Process of leasing your land
- Farmer/landowner relationship
- Getting fair land value
- CashRent’s strategy towards building relationships
- Is land ready to farm?
- Any leasing advantages to organic or sustainable farmers?
- The future of CashRent
Call to Action: