Our guest today is Adam Greenberg the CEO of iUNU, a Seattle based startup that provides AI and computer vision technology to drive efficiencies and profits for greenhouse growers. iUNU & Mr. Greenberg has been recognized with a Medal of Excellence nomination from Greenhouse Grower, best new indoor growing technology from United Fresh Produce Association, and was recently named to GPN’s 40 Under 40 Class of 2020. Adam has also been a speaker & panelist at universities, associations, conferences, most recently as a speaker at Hemp Industry Daily as well as University of Maryland’s MAVRIC. Mr. Greenberg led an AI symposium for Congressional staffers on Capitol Hill late last year. He founded iUNU in 2013 to revolutionize the greenhouse industry by using machine vision technology. His passion for agriculture came from his father who is a botanist and entrepreneur. Mr. Greenberg earned his degrees in Finance and Entrepreneurship from the University of Washington and is a former financial analyst at Amazon. He is a fifth-generation native of San Francisco and lives in Seattle, Washington where he enjoys traveling and the outdoors.
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
- Adam Greenberg and iUNU
- Developing Artificial Intelligence
- The reception of iUNU
- Silicon Valley meets Agriculture
- How science and farming go hand in hand
- Using AI to make greenhouse production more efficient
- Will AI eliminate jobs in agriculture?
- Showcasing to students that agriculture involves countless technologies
- Thoughts on the farmer/consumer relationship