I am a HUGE fan of videos games. Since the dawn of the PlayStation 1, I’ve been gaming for well over two decades. Halo, NCAA Football, Spyro, and the list goes on. Don’t judge me, because pretty much everyone enjoys games nowadays with the rise of mobile gaming.
One game taking the world by storm in Farming Simulator, which has huge followings around the world as well as a popular e-Sports league! Our guest today is Martin Rabl, from the developers of Farming Simulator, Giants Software. Giants Software is a German based gaming company that has been working on the popular farming sim since 2013. The game features countless, name brand tractors and various farming equipment, crop management, livestock, and much, much, MUCH more! I’ve played it for several hours now and the depth of this game in incredible.
In our episode, Martin and I will talk about the development behind the game, how real to life the simulator is, how they work with farmers to stay accurate, and how they manage ongoing content for the game as well as their huge fan base.
Check out Giants Software and Farming Simulator at the links below:
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
- Martin Rabl
- Giants Software: Farming Simulator #FS19
- Developing a game
- What goes in to Research and Development for a simulator?
- Staying accurate with real equipment and technology
- Working with name brands like John Deere, Case IH, and others
- Crop and Livestock Management
- Downloadable Content (DLC)
- Working with Modders
- e-Sports Teams
- Populators of Farming Sim
- Future plans and development
Call to Action: