Just in time for Valentines day, let’s talk about chocolate!
My guest today is Daeus Bencomo, from Lavaloha farm in Hawaii. Today, Daeus will walk us through chocolate production, from cocoa bean to chocolate bark, the role volcanic soils plays in giving their chocolate a unique flavor profile, and how their farm tours are a huge hit with tourists.
Check out Lavahola at the links below
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
- Lavahola Chocolate
- Growing chocolate on the side of a mountain
- What is “single-origin” chocolate?
- Growing in volcanic soil
- Harvesting cocoa beans and turning it into chocolate bark
- History of chocolate
- Difference between dark, milk, and lite chocolates
- Farm tours
- COVID-19’s impact on the farm
- Misconceptions on farming
Call to Action: