My guest today is Jess Vieira, Director of Sustainability at Apeel. Jess and I chat about food sustainability, how Apeel is helping reduce food waste, and her work with the UN Food System Summit.
Check out Apeel at the links below:
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
- Jess’s Background
- Apeel’s story
- How our supply chain works
- Basics of food preservation
- Misconceptions or Misinformation with food preservation: wax on apples, tomatoes picked early, etc…
- Current state of food security
- UN Food System Summit
- How can sustainability help keep food fresh?
- Discoveries at the intersection of materials science and food preservation are set to increase access to fresh, nutritious produce and food security worldwide.
Call to Action
Want to stay up to date on the show, consider following our newsletter. As a thank you for signing up, you’ll receive a FREE guide on 5 simple steps you can do to support farmers. Sign Up HERE!