My guest today is Jess Vieira, Director of Sustainability at Apeel. Jess and I chat about food sustainability, how Apeel is helping reduce food waste, and her work with the UN Food System Summit.
Check out Apeel at the links below:
Listen to the episode on the apps below:
- Jess’s Background
- Apeel’s story
- How our supply chain works
- Basics of food preservation
- Misconceptions or Misinformation with food preservation: wax on apples, tomatoes picked early, etc…
- Current state of food security
- UN Food System Summit
- How can sustainability help keep food fresh?
- Discoveries at the intersection of materials science and food preservation are set to increase access to fresh, nutritious produce and food security worldwide.