Peter Dyck is a self-described Chicken farmer, tractor driver, Ag fanboy. Not a bad background. Peter, also known as Pete, married into the chicken business and raises pullets, which are young female chickens destined for egg-laying. In our interview, Pete and I chat about that Canadian chicken farming looks like, what makes “free-range chickens” actually free-range, and how he got into drone filming, which has resulted in some awesome videos.
Check them out at the links below:
Alberta on a plate interview featuring Peter
Click here to subsrcibe to the show
- Peter’s Background
- Basics of chicken farming
- Life of a chicken
- Egg laying birds and meat birds (broilers)
- What are pullet chickens?
- How are chicken vaccines given
- Are chickens given anti-biotics and growth hormones?
- Health benefits of eggs
- What are free range chickens?
- Canada agriculture
- How Pete got into drone filming
- Thoughts on farmer/consumer relationship
Be sure to follow us on social media!
Call to Action
Want to stay up to date on the show, consider following our newsletter. As a thank you for signing up, you’ll receive a FREE guide on 5 simple steps you can do to support farmers. Sign Up HERE!