Have you ever been to a flower farm? I sure haven’t! It’s an often overlooked part of the agriculture industry, but flowers are a huge part of horticulture and account for billions of dollars every ear across the US. Today on the show, I’m interviewing Sarah Shoffner with Sweet Thistle Farms, a cut flower and pumpkin farm in the Central Valley in California. In our interview, Sarah and I chat about her background, how she grows flowers and pumpkins, the fall rush with customers, and a loooot more!
Check them out at the links below:
- Sarah’s Background
- Growing pumpkins and flowers
- Goat dairy
- central valley California, Fresno
- Growing flowers from plugs
Question from a listeners:
- Mildew control in pumpkins…
- Best way to market flowers besides a farmer’s market?
- What kind of soil do pumpkins grow well in?