Have you ever been to a flower farm? I sure haven’t! It’s an often overlooked part of the agriculture industry, but flowers are a huge part of horticulture and account for billions of dollars every ear across the US. Today on the show, I’m interviewing Sarah Shoffner with Sweet Thistle Farms, a cut flower and pumpkin farm in the Central Valley in California. In our interview, Sarah and I chat about her background, how she grows flowers and pumpkins, the fall rush with customers, and a loooot more!
Check them out at the links below:
Click here to subsrcibe to the show
- Sarah’s Background
- Growing pumpkins and flowers
- Goat dairy
- central valley California, Fresno
- Growing flowers from plugs
Question from a listeners:
- Mildew control in pumpkins…
- Best way to market flowers besides a farmer’s market?
- What kind of soil do pumpkins grow well in?
Be sure to follow us on social media!
Call to Action
Want to stay up to date on the show, consider following our newsletter. As a thank you for signing up, you’ll receive a FREE guide on 5 simple steps you can do to support farmers. Sign Up HERE!