When you think Iowa agriculture you probably think corn and pigs, which would be right! But, one farmer is stepping up the state’s leafy greens and microgreen production and has started an awesome direct-to-consumer model. My guest today is Steve Strasheim from Twisted River Farm. In our interview today, Steve and I chat about why he started the farm, his production methods, and what his delivery model looks like.
Check them out at the links below:
Website: Twisted River Farm
Click here to subsrcibe to the show
- Steve’s Background
- start of Twisted River Farms
- Production methods
- Growing in hoophouses vs growing in rows
- Thoughts on farmer/consumer relationship
- Selling at farmers markets, resturants, stores, AND home delivery. Man…Steve is a busy guy!
- “CONTROL THE ENTIRE PROCESS FROM SEED TO STORE”
- Delivery process
- DIRECT to Consumer model
- Greens in North Iowa
Be sure to follow us on social media!
Call to Action
Want to stay up to date on the show, consider following our newsletter. As a thank you for signing up, you’ll receive a FREE guide on 5 simple steps you can do to support farmers. Sign Up HERE!
Leave a Reply