I’ve neer heard the term “microdairy” and I’m guessing maybe you haven’t either. Well on episode 160, we are going to learn how a dairy of just 10 cows is using the microdairy technique to supply customers with a great product with a process that just might change the industry. Jesse Vivian is from Lane’s End Creamery, and on today’s episode, Jesse and I will chat about why his family started a microdairy, what makes a dairy “micro”, financial advice from Dave Ramsey, and much more! Don’t forget to check out Lane’s End Creamery at the links below.
Check out Lane’s End Farm at the links below:
Microdairy Designs: https://www.microdairydesigns.com/products/
- Jesse’s background – From growing up on a farm to starting his own
- What is a microdairy?
- Working with Microdairy Designs.
- Processes of homogenization and pasteurization
- Challenges of milking once a day.
- How the cows response to once a day milkings instead of 2 to 3.
- The bell curve of dairy production.
- Starting during COVID
- Inspired by Dave Ramsey
- Started making cheese before milk
- Making chocolate milk and strawberry milk
- FairOaks farms process, but on a smaller scale.
- Struggles of a family dairy
- Importance of diversifying family farms
- Dairy Tours
Be sure to follow us on social media!
Call to Action